LAUC Executive Board Transition Meeting 2023-2024
Please RSVP by end of day 8/30/23 if you are attending in-person.
We look forward to welcoming you to the UCI campus! Please see below for more information, including travel details.
8:00am - 10:00am
- Registration and Breakfast
10:00am - 12:00pm
- Outgoing Exec. Board Business Meeting
12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Logistics meeting (elected officers only - 12-12:30p)
1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Incoming Exec. Board Business Meeting
3:30pm - 4:30pm
Team Building Activities and wrap-up
4:30pm - 5:00pm
- Post-mortem/Next steps (2023-24 officers only)
5:30pm (optional) - Dinner (dutch) get together at Eureka! located at UTC across from campus
- Detailed campus map (also linked from library directions-parking page: https://map.uci.edu/)
- Park in the Parking structure on the corner of West Peltason Road & Pereira Drive. Walking Directions
- The UC Irvine campus honors quarterly and annual faculty/staff permits from other University of California campuses in our unmarked parking spaces for the purpose of short-term visits. These permits are also valid in most Reserved parking areas after 5:00 p.m. (except those marked "Enforced 24 hours") Monday through Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Note: Receipts, confirmation emails, license plate registrations, electronic, and virtual permits are not valid on UCI main campus.
- Daily or occasional-use permits from other campuses are not accepted at UCI Main Campus. If a UC faculty/staff member does not have a physical long-term parking permit, a UCI visitor permit may be purchased at a parking permit dispenser or information kiosk.
- Local Amtrak information: The Amtrak train station closest to UCI is the Irvine station (IRV), located at 15215 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618.
Each of the UCI-Negotiated Orange County hotels listed here has unique qualities and services. Use the guide to choose the most suitable one for individual travelers or your conference needs. Visit the hotel websites to review their services and amenities. UCI individual affiliates as well as those planning to visit the campus for any reason may take advantage of these offers. When making the reservation be sure to let the hotel know that the traveler is visiting UCI and that you chose the hotel from the listing.
More hotels and their amenities are available on the guide below.
Rates may be over your campus maximum for reimbursement, so check with your local business office before booking a room if you would like to confirm reimbursement rates.
Tip: Check the UC Travel Portal for discount codes for Marriott and Wyndam brands. You can still book directly on the hotel websites and use the code for personal travel. The travel portal home page lists the promo codes.
- Ayres Hotel and Suites - Costa Mesa: UCI 2023 Rate: Starting at $129 for Deluxe Guestroom (single/double occupancy). Higher rates over the summer may apply. Reservations can be made online here.
- SpringHill Suites - by Marriott Irvine, John Wayne Airport - UCI Rate: Rates vary based upon availability. Use Corporate/Promotional Code: UC0
- Sonesta Irvine - UCI 2023 Rate: Starting at $169. Higher rates over the summer may apply. Use Corporate/Promo code: UC8
- Sonesta Simply Suites Orange County - Spectrum Center - UCI 2023 Rate: Studio Suite: $120; One Bedroom Suite: $145 (additional discounts for 7 or more nights). Use Corporate/Promo code: UC8
LAUC Statewide will cover travel expenses for all incoming and outgoing Statewide Executive Board members, committee chairs and reps, webmasters, and the parliamentarian. Please indicate your travel expense needs on the registration form.
Below are more detailed instructions for both travelers and campus library business offices.
Each UC campus should follow its own local travel reimbursement policies. The traveler should request approvals for travel, complete a projected expenses form, and work with their local business office to book and pay for the transport. After travel has been completed, the traveler should request reimbursement through their local UC campus using its policies and procedures. The local UC campus will reimburse the traveler for their expenses.
Each UC library’s business office will then need to request reimbursement for its LAUC travelers from the UC presidential campus. The FY23-24 UC presidential campus is UCI, please submit documents to the UCI Business Office (Libbus [at] exchange.uci.edu (subject: LAUC%20Transition%20Meeting) ()). Reimbursement for travel will be processed via an Inter-campus Transfer of Funds.
To initiate reimbursement, please submit the following documents to UCI:
- Travel approval forms
- Copies of receipts
- Reimbursement confirmation
- Full Accounting Details (19900 funds will be transferred)
Things to do in Orange County:
Orange County Recreation:
- Beaches, Whale Watching, and Water Sports
- Attractions, Parks, Festivals, Dining, etc.
- Orange County Hiking Trails
- Orange County Parks
- Shopping and Dining
- Farmers Markets
- The Orange County Great Park
Arts and Entertainment:
Contact Danielle Kane at kaned [at] uci.edu (subject: LAUC%20Transition%20Meeting) or Mary-Michelle Moore at marymichellemoore [at] ucsb.edu.