LAUC Executive Board Transition Meeting 2022-2023
We look forward to welcoming you to the UCSB campus! Please see below for more information, including travel details.
8:00am - 10:00am
- Registration and Breakfast
10:00am - 12:00pm
- Outgoing Exec. Board Business Meeting
12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Logistics meeting (elected officers only - 12-12:30p)
1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Incoming Exec. Board Business Meeting
3:30pm - 4:30pm
Team Building Activities and wrap-up
4:30pm - 5:00pm
- Post-mortem/Next steps (2022-23 officers only)
Directions and Parking (https://www.library.ucsb.edu/directions-parking)
- Detailed campus map (also linked from library directions-parking page: http://www.aw.id.ucsb.edu/maps/ucsbmap.html)
- Park in the Mesa Parking Structure (lot 18). It is along Mesa Road and Ocean Road near the Recreation Center on the north side of campus. There are permit dispensers in the corners of each floor of the lot. Pay for a daily parking pass and LAUC will reimburse you for parking. Walk south towards Storke Tower to find the UCen.
- Local Amtrak information: The Amtrak train station closest to UCSB is the Goleta station (GTA), located at 25 S. La Patera Lane. The Santa Barbara station (SBA) is at 209 State Street. Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner stops at the Goleta and Santa Barbara stations, while the Coast Starlight stops only at the Santa Barbara station.
- Santa Barbara Airport (SBA). Santa Barbara’s local airport occupies the same spit of land as UCSB — at 500 Fowler Road, it’s no more than minutes away from the campus and Isla Vista.
- LAX is also an option for travelers making their way to Santa Barbara. LAX is approx. 100 miles from UCSB; travel times will vary greatly depending on traffic.
The following hotels are all in Goleta and are only a short drive to campus. There are also several hotels in and around Santa Barbara.
Rates may be over your campus maximum for reimbursement, so check with your local business office before booking a room if you would like to confirm reimbursement rates.
LAUC Statewide will cover travel expenses for all incoming and outgoing Statewide Executive Board members, committee chairs and reps, webmasters, and the parliamentarian. Please indicate your travel expense needs on the registration form.
Below are more detailed instructions for both travelers and campus library business offices.
Each UC campus should follow its own local travel reimbursement policies. The traveler should request approvals for travel, complete a projected expenses form, and work with their local business office to book and pay for the transport. After travel has been completed, the traveler should request reimbursement through their local UC campus using its policies and procedures. The local UC campus will reimburse the traveler for their expenses.
Each UC library’s business office will then need to request reimbursement for its LAUC travelers from the UC presidential campus. The FY22-23 UC presidential campus is UCSB, please submit documents to Vessela Jivkova (vessela.jivkova [at] ucsb.edu). Reimbursement for travel will be processed via an Intercampus Transfer of Funds.
To initiate reimbursement, please submit the following documents to UCSB:
- Travel approval forms
- Copies of receipts
- Reimbursement confirmation
- Full Accounting Details (19900 funds will be transferred)
COVID-19 Interim Visitors Protocol page
- Updated weekly or every two weeks; includes link to On-demand Daily Survey currently required of visitors.
Note that the above information is subject to change. Please be sure to complete the daily survey before heading to campus.
Looking for things to do in and around Santa Barbara? Here are some suggestions from local LAUC members!
- Winery and tasting room recommendations in Goleta/SB: SAMsARA, J. Wilkes, Whitcraft Winery, Melville, Deep Sea Tasting Room
- Brewery and beer recommendations in Goleta/SB: Third Window Brewing, M. Special, Captain Fattys, Llama Dog
- Breakfast recommendations in Goleta: Crushcakes, Cajun Kitchen
- Breakfast/Brunch recommendations in SB: The Shop, Alessia Patisserie, Scarlett Begonia
- Hang out spots with restaurants and drinking places nearby in SB: Santa Barbara Public Market, Funk Zone, State Street
- Places to explore: Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Santa Barbara Zoo, Santa Ynez Valley, Coal Oil Point Reserve
- Dinner Recommendations in Goleta: Ca’Dario, Jane
- Dinner Recommendations in SB: The Black Sheep, The Boathouse, Flor de Maiz, Loquita, Reunion
Questions? Contact Mary-Michelle Moore at marymichellemoore [at] ucsb.edu or Rachel Green at greenr [at] law.ucla.edu. Thank you!