Statewide Assembly 2022
We look forward to welcoming you to the UCSB campus! Please see below for more information, including travel details.
8:00am - 9:30am
- Registration and Breakfast
9:30am - 10:00am
- Welcoming Remarks by Kristin Antelman (University Librarian, UCSB)
10:00am - 12:00pm
- Business Meeting
12:00pm - 1:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Discussions about the future of LAUC Assembly and potential for long-term educational programming throughout the LAUC year.
- Tours of campus, libraries, and/or lagoon.
- Optional Happy Hour and Wrap-Up
2021-2022 Mid-Year Reports
- Committee on Professional Governance (CPG Mid-Year Report, 2021-2022)
- Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Mid-Year Report, 2021-2022
- Communications Committee Mid-Year Report, 2021-2022
- Shared Content Leadership Group (SCLG) Mid-Year Report, 2021-2022
- Shared Library Facility Board (SLFB) Mid-Year Report, 2021-2022
- Direction and Oversight Committee (DOC)Mid-Year Report, 2021-2022
- Systemwide Library and Scholarly Information Advisory Committee (SLASIAC) Mid-Year Report, 2021-2022
Directions and Parking (https://www.library.ucsb.edu/directions-parking)
- Detailed campus map (also linked from library directions-parking page: http://www.aw.id.ucsb.edu/maps/ucsbmap.html)
- Park in the Mesa Parking Structure (lot 18). It is along Mesa Road and Ocean Road near the Recreation Center on the north side of campus. There are permit dispensers in the corners of each floor of the lot. Pay for a daily parking pass and LAUC will reimburse you for parking. Walk south towards Storke Tower to find the UCen.
- Local Amtrak information: The Amtrak train station closest to UCSB is the Goleta station (GTA), located at 25 S. La Patera Lane. The Santa Barbara station (SBA) is at 209 State Street. Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner stops at the Goleta and Santa Barbara stations, while the Coast Starlight stops only at the Santa Barbara station.
- Santa Barbara Airport (SBA). Santa Barbara’s local airport occupies the same spit of land as UCSB — at 500 Fowler Road, it’s no more than minutes away from the campus and Isla Vista.
- LAX is also an option for travelers making their way to Santa Barbara. LAX is approx. 100 miles from UCSB; travel times will vary greatly depending on traffic.
The following hotels are all in Goleta and are only a short drive to campus. There are also several hotels in and around Santa Barbara.
Rates may be over your campus maximum for reimbursement, so check with your local business office before booking a room if you would like to confirm reimbursement rates.
LAUC Statewide will cover travel expenses for all Statewide Executive Board members and campus delegates. Additionally, grant funds are available for many of our other members: you may apply for such a grant on the registration form.
Below are more detailed instructions for both travelers and campus library business offices.
Each UC campus should follow its own local travel reimbursement policies. The traveler should request approvals for travel, complete a projected expenses form, and work with their local business office to book and pay for the transport. After travel has been completed, the traveler should request reimbursement through their local UC campus using its policies and procedures. The local UC campus will reimburse the traveler for their expenses.
Each UC library’s business office will then need to request reimbursement for its LAUC travelers from the UC presidential campus. The FY21-22 UC presidential campus is UCLA, please submit documents to Alli Imamura (aimamura [at] library.ucla.edu). Reimbursement for travel will be processed via an Intercampus Transfer of Funds.
To initiate reimbursement, please submit the following documents to UCLA:
- Travel approval forms
- Copies of receipts
- Reimbursement confirmation
- Full Accounting Details (19900 funds will be transferred)
COVID-19 Interim Visitors Protocol page
- Updated weekly or every two weeks; includes link to On-demand Daily Survey currently required of visitors.
Note that the above information is subject to change. Please be sure to complete the daily survey before heading to campus.
Looking for things to do in and around Santa Barbara? Here are some suggestions from local LAUC members!
- Winery and tasting room recommendations in Goleta/SB: SAMsARA, J. Wilkes, Whitcraft Winery, Melville, Deep Sea Tasting Room
- Brewery and beer recommendations in Goleta/SB: Third Window Brewing, M. Special, Captain Fattys, Llama Dog
- Breakfast recommendations in Goleta: Crushcakes, Cajun Kitchen
- Breakfast/Brunch recommendations in SB: The Shop, Alessia Patisserie, Scarlett Begonia
- Hang out spots with restaurants and drinking places nearby in SB: Santa Barbara Public Market, Funk Zone, State Street
- Places to explore: Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Santa Barbara Zoo, Santa Ynez Valley, Coal Oil Point Reserve
- Dinner Recommendations in Goleta: Ca’Dario, Jane
- Dinner Recommendations in SB: The Black Sheep, The Boathouse, Flor de Maiz, Loquita, Reunion
Questions? Contact Rachel Green at greenr [at] law.ucla.edu. Thank you!