Statewide Assembly 2019
The 2019 LAUC Assembly was held at Pentland Hills at the UC Riverside Campus.
28 March 2019
Fox Hole Room, Pentland Hills
8:30-9:30am – Registration and breakfast
9:30-9:45 – Announcements
9:45-10:00 - Welcome by UC Riverside University Librarian Steven Mandeville-Gamble
10:00-11:00 – Business Meeting:
- Roll call of executive board and delegates, Secretary Melissa Browne
- LAUC Standing Committee Reports
- Nominations Committee Report – Past President Carla Arbagey
- Election Calendar
- Floor call for nominees for Vice President/President-Elect and Secretary
- LAUC Representative Reports
- Systemwide Library and Scholarly Information Advisory Committee (SLASIAC) - Jennifer Chan
- Shared Libraries Facilities Board (SLFB) - David Schmitt
- Shared Content Leadership Group (SCLG) - Becky Imamoto
- Direction and Oversite Committee (DOC) - Joshua Hutchinson
- University Committee on Library and Scholarly Communication (UCLOSAC) - Carla Arbagey
- President’s Report - Roger Smith
- Update on Academic Freedom discussions and Working Group
12:00-1:30 – Lunch + fun activity
1:30-3:00 – Working discussion: Value of LAUC and Barriers to Engagement; building on fall 2018 focus group discussions in the campus chapters.
3:00-3:15 – Break
3:15-4:00 – Wrap-Up, conclusions and action items from the afternoon discussion.
4:00 – Adjournment
Following – Happy Hour at Getaway Café / Substation
Getting to UCR
Information on driving to UCR from a variety of freeways (including the 91, 10, 60, and 215) is available on the TAPS website.
LAUC Assembly will be held at Pentland Hills, in the Fox Hole room. For directions, please visit http://housing.ucr.edu/assets/docs/pdf/pentlandhills-map.pdf.
The most convenient airport for flying into UCR is the Ontario International Airport, approximately a 30-minute drive from campus.
UCR offers permit reciprocity to other UC campuses. You will need to show your valid campus permit from your home campus to receive this benefit. More information is available on the TAPS website.
We recommend parking in the Big Springs Parking Structure off of Big Springs Road for your visit.
During your time in Riverside, we recommend staying at the historic Mission Inn downtown. Upon completing registration, we will share more information about rates.
We hope you're able to attend. If you have questions about the registration process, our schedule or general information, don’t hesitate to reach out.
LAUC-R Chair: Kent LaCombe (kent.lacombe [at] ucr.edu)